Well, color me happy! The fabulous and absolutely adorable, former Arkansan, Beth nominated me for a Liebster award too!
I am going to answer her questions, because they were absolutely fabulous!
1. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
I would be a travel journalist. I love experiencing new places and also showing/telling/reminding people why it’s important to experience new cultures. I think we learn the most about ourselves when we’re pushed outside of our comfort zone and we’re required to adapt. Also, being somewhere that you don’t speak the language always forces you to use more of your senses. I believe you see more vibrantly, smell richer, hear clearer, and touch electrically. I love travel.
2. Coffee or tea?
Both please! Is this an acceptable answer?
3. Who was your childhood hero?
Jacques Cousteau. I wanted to be a marine biologist (and it’s my second runner up for dream job). I love everything about the ocean, and can’t seem to get my fill. It’s also the place I feel closest to God and most like myself. I believe that the ocean holds a piece of my soul and I’m only truly complete when I’m there.
4. What room in your home do you enjoy spending the most time in?
The kitchen. Whether I’m baking or making dinner, I feel in my element. I enjoy creating something for someone else that they enjoy. I also feel like it’s a great way to show people you care about them. J I should have been a housewife, just sayin’.
5. What is your pet peeve?
There are a few… Here we go. Food noises-chewing with your mouth open, swallowing/glugging loudly, scraping your fork on the plate, bad manners… All of it. It will send me over the edge. (Thank my parents for sending me to cotillion for that one) Driving slow- GO THE FRIGGIN SPEED LIMIT! A dirty house- I just lose my marbles. This is not to say that my house is always spotless. In fact, I rarely have all my marbles, so there ya go.
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
Sweets. Anything filled with sugar, except chocolate. I love anything that is filled with sugar, butter, flour, and love!
7. Where is your favorite winter destination?
We usually don’t travel in the winter, but anywhere cold. I LOVE snow and cold weather, and it’s my favorite time of year. I would go somewhere far north where there’s lots of snow, and skiing, and hot chocolate, and sweaters, and boots, and snuggles, and fire places… *dreamy sigh* Is it winter yet?!
8. What are 3 things you like about yourself?
1. I’m independent (unless it’s me and a spider… then I need backup)
2. I am adventurous. (I love an adrenaline rush!)
3. I am travel well. (I don’t freak out with missed/delayed/cancelled flights, lost reservations, being alone in a foreign country, meeting strangers, eating alone, being lost. I thrive on it)
9. Who do you call first when you land your dream job?
Mr. Jake Iiams. He would scream and dance with me in celebration!
10. If you could have a million dollars ONLY if you rocked a (full on, real, uncovered) mullet for the rest of your life, would you do it?
HELL NO. There’s no price on pride. :D
I’m leaving you with this gem. This is my father. Circa 1985, with a MULLET and a Hogs hat on. The man who now looks like this:
Isn’t he handsome? Glad he grew out of the Arkansan mullet.