Well, color me happy! I woke up this morning to a surprise from Stacie! She nominated me for a Liebster Award! She’s a doll! If you don’t already follow her, head over there… RIGHT NOW! :) I’ll wait for you to come back! :)
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger who nominated you asked.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Mention some blogs you’re loving reading at the moment
- Set 11 questions for those newly nominated bloggers to answer.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- If you could meet one person, who would it be?
If I could meet anyone it would probably be my great grandmother, Avis. She was a hair model in New York, then relocated to California. She sounds like a fascinating woman, and I would love to talk to her about her life.
- What’s your worst nightmare?
Failure. I’m so paralyzed by the fear of failure that it regularly prevents me from even attempting my goals. Also, spiders. Those crazy &%#$D@! are enough to send me over the edge into psychosis. Jake is wonderful at coming to my rescue when I see one. All I have to do is scream and he comes running. What an awesome husband! :)
- What was your best Halloween Costume as a child?
I was Belle, from Beauty and the Beast for like 5 years in a row. My grandma made this INSANE costume for my grandpa (who was 6’6) to be the Beast, and he trick or treated with me… even though I was terrified of him in the costume! Hah! :)
- What’s your definition of a great day?
Any day where it’s mid 70’s, no humidity, bright blue sky, and I get to do something outside. Preferably a day at the ocean/sailing. Definitely spent with Jake. Days where you laugh so much, and you end the day tired, but so full from all the happiness. It’s really the little things in life.
- Favorite commercial?
The new AT&T commercials with the kids. “I just want to be huuuuman agaaaain!” I can’t help but laugh and laugh and laugh when I see them. It’s probably sad how much enjoyment I derive from them, but hey… funny is funny.
- If you had to choose between a computer and a cell phone, which?
Computer, hands down. I wish I could get rid of my cell phone. I think as a society we are WAY too attached to everything. Cell phones also contribute to our instant gratification demanding culture. Just sayin’
- Is the glass half empty or half full?
The glass is half full. Some days I forget that, and I freak out thinking that there’s just not enough, but there is always enough. Sometimes it just takes work reminding yourself that it’s full.
- Best memory of summer vacation?
Traveling with my grandpa or Sea|Mester. If you’re a fan of the ocean, and looking for a study abroad option, I highly recommend Sea|Mester. I was so pleased with their entire program and the experience was definitely one of a lifetime. :)
- Toilet paper: over or under?
HOLY OVER! There’s no greater irritant to me than toilet paper that is under. *sigh* It’s so not hard to put it on the right way!
- What is the chore you hate the most?
Dishes. I hate dishes with a burning passion.
- What’s your favorite flower?
Peonies! They’re just stunning, and you can’t help but be happy when you see them. :) You’re all more than welcome to send them to me at work for my birthday, which is in 32 days!!!
11 Random Facts:
- I don’t like chocolate.
- I celebrated 4th of July at Mt. Rushmore when I was a kid. It was AWESOME!
- I’ve been scuba diving with sharks
- I play with millions of dollars at work.
- Petit fours are the best tasting delight in the world. I could eat them all day every day.
- I listen to my music so loud in the car that I’ve blown the speakers out… twice. :/
- My #1 bucket list item is to see every single country in the world before I die.
- I love cars. I want a new car so bad, but I hate car payments.
- I refuse to buy a house that I don’t think is beautiful, has a big enough lot, meets my strange requirements, has a bad street name, has lots of renters around. I’m picky and it drives Jake up the waaallll.
- I could read a book a day and never be satisfied with the amount I’ve read.
- I hate window shopping.
Questions for you lovely ladies:
- Favorite vacation spot?
- Favorite song of all time?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What is the one thing that will guarantee your smile?
- Favorite drink?
- Describe your ‘fantasy lifestyle’…
- What is the one food you couldn’t eat if you were starving to death?
- Favorite animal and why?
- Why did you start a blog?
- If you could visit one place you’ve never been, where would you go?
- What’s your favorite season and why?