Give or take a few days, it’s been a month since J and I tied the knot!
I couldn’t be happier and less stressed now that the ‘big day’ is over! No one has called me to ask about center pieces since June 8th, and I have never been more excited about that! Hah!
1. If you can afford it, hire a wedding planner/coordinator. We didn’t have that in the budget, but I wish we would have found a way to make that work. I really needed someone to be the go to girl that wasn’t me! Yikes!
2. Don’t forget to confirm with the florist. I may or may not have called the Thursday before my wedding PANICKED because I had just remembered that we had never confirmed… Good thing we were only doing 4 bouquets. When you do confirm with your florist… DO NOT let her tell you that a ranunculus is the same thing as a peony without checking to see one first. Ranunculus is pretty, but is the size of your thumb and pointer finger when you make a circle… a peony is the size of your open hand. You will want to cry when you pick up your miniature bouquet.
|All the fluffy stuff on the bottom we had to add…|
|You can see where the white part of my bouquet is so much smaller than the maids.|
|My mom told me after that the minute my song came on the sun did ‘come out’ :)|
6. EAT MORE FOOD! I drank too much champagne, and did not eat near enough at the reception. I had however been good and eaten breakfast and lunch that day.
7. Your wedding dress will be hot enough to roast you like a pig on a spit. Install a costume fan, or pack dry ice, or get married in a blizzard. Since you didn’t do any of those, your maids will take turns fanning you on the back porch so you don’t overheat and die.
|Don’t judge. June is HOT in Arkansas|
8. None of this will matter tomorrow, because you just married the man of your dreams. Don’t let it get to you. Just keeeeeep smiling!